Friday, October 4, 2013

Literally Analysis

1)Katniss is a rebel in district 13. She's was some of the members from the Quarter Quell, except for Peeta was captured by the Capitol and has been missing since after the Quarter Quell. After much angst, she decides to be the figurehead, the Mockingjay, for the rebel side. In return they give her invincibility for her friends and permission to kill the president.Katniss has to star in commercials for the rebel side, called propos. For one propo, she and a team that includes her old friend Gale are sent into District 2, where they see a hospital get destroyed. This inspires Katniss to call for justice. The Capitol gets mad because they get stronger, so they show them how Peeta is getting tortured. The Capitol also bombs district 13. Peeta wormed them that they would. The rebels get Peeta and others out of the Capitol, but Peeta got brainwashed. He thinks Katniss is bad so he try's to kill her as son has he's sees her. Once she recovers from Peeta's attack, Katniss needs to be part of the action. She heads back to District 2. Gale suggests weapons and strategies. During the battle that follows, Katniss gets shot. While recuperating, she bonds with Johanna, and witnesses the wedding of victors Finnick and Annie. After Katniss recovery she heads back. Katniss and rebels follow her on the mission but it's sucidal most of them died I'm the mission except  Katniss, Peeta, prim, Gale, and a couple others. Prim and some other rebels get killed. Katniss gets hurt again. The rebels capture snow. Katniss is mad at Gale because the weapons he created were ones that killed  prim. The war ends. President coin tell them to vote whether to vote if they should keep the hunger games or not.

2) The Theme of the story I think was  that fight for what you believe in no matter what the odds are. The author Susan Collins makes it intense because the she's make the rebels the underdogs go against the Capitol the stronger force.

3) I think the authors tone is very suspensive like with a lot of action. "I did, and she tried to kill me. She killed my friends. My family. Don't get near her! She's a mutt!" "When I saw that mountains fall tonight, I thought... They've done it again. Got me to kill you—the people in the districts" "I never wanted to kill you. Except when I thought you were helping the careers kill me. After that, I always thought of you as... An ally"

4)internal conflict (Katniss is mad at her self for letting people die so she's says " I killed you, And you, And you") external conflict (my name is Katniss Everdeen. I am 17. My home is district 12. I was in the hunger games. I escaped . The Capitol hates me. Peeta was taken prisoner. He is thought to be dead. Most likely he is dead. It is probably best if he is dead) exposion (Katniss has to join rebels to go against Capitol) resolution (" so why you going back to 12?"  " they can't seem to find a place for me in the Capitol either"


No comments:

Post a Comment